United Institute of Informatics Problems (UIIP) is the leading organization in Belarus in fundamental and applied research on information technologies: CAD/CAM/CAE systems, applied mathematics, high performance parallel computing, bioinformatics and medical informatics, geoinformation systems, digital cartogragraphic systems, Space informatics, GRID-technologies. The Institute is the provider of scientific and educational Internet networks in Belarus. It takes part in state recommendations on information technologies implementation, scientific support of informatization processes, prognosis in related science and technology fields in Belarus, high skill specialists training.
The staff of the institute (on 31.12.2020) is over 334 persons including 155 research workers: 14 scientists with Dsc degree and over 58 – with PhD degree.
Main directions of research:
- Computer aided design/manufacturing/engineering (CAD/CAM/CAE)
- Processing and recognition of signals, images and speech
- Operations research and discrete optimization
- Decision making support systems
- Bio- and medical informatics
- Space and remote sensing data processing, geoinformation systems
- Supercomputer systems and applications, GRID-technologies
- Computer networks and telematics application
- Information protection
- Input-output of video information
- Information reference systems
EaPEC 2017 – 2nd Eastern Partnership E-infrastructure Conference
27-28 September, Minsk, Belarus
Memorandum of Understanding between the United Institute of Informatics Problems, National Academy of Sciences (Belarus) and Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China (China) was signed on July 10th in Minsk.
The document was signed by Professor Alexander Tuzikov, General Director of OIPI and Professor Zhao Zhiyun, Deputy General Director of ISTIC during the visit to the Republic of Belarus from July 9 to July 12, 2017.
Associate Professor at the Department of Computer Engineering at Bilkent University in Ankara Dr. Çiğdem Gündüz Demir visits the UIIP NASB
Will discuss issues of bilateral scientific and technical cooperation
«IntonTrainer» - Software system for oral speech intonation training
site https://intontrainer.by/ is opened